Note 1: If you have the Bright White only Halo, you will need to install the LED controller unit first.
- A) Installing a single light kit – connect the 2 into 1 “Y” connector (see pic.) to the power lead from the LED
- B) Installing multiple light kits – connect the 4 into 1 “Y” connector (see pic.) to the power lead from the LED
Note 2: If you have the Multi Color Halo, the LED controller has been installed.
- A) Installing a single light kit – connect the 2 into 1 “Y” connector (see pic.) to the accessory power lead
- B) Installing multiple light kits – connect the 4 into 1 “Y” connector (see pic.) to the accessory power lead
Step 1: Installing LED Controller unit:
- a) Remove maintenance access panel
- b) Route the power cable from the LED Controller unit (red and black wires) along and under the upper A-Arm, on
the left side of the Spyder.
- c) Locate and disconnect the fender LED power connector from under the A-Arm cover
- d) Connect the female LED Controller connector into the male connector on the Spyder
- e) Connect the male LED Controller connector in the female connector on the Spyder
- f) Route the LED Controller module to a location under the Maintenance Access Panel
- g) Connect the black barrel connector (red and black wires) to the white barrel connect on LED controller
- h) If installing only one LED accessory, skip to Step 2.
- i) If connecting more than one LED accessory, connect the 4 into 1 “Y” connector to the LED Controller.
Step 2: Installing the halo eye LED: The halo eye LED is mounted on the colored plastic panel behind the frunk lid
- a) Clean surface area with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- b) Check fit before removing the protective tape.
- c) Apply the adhesive activator to the area where the LED will be mounted and let dry.
- d) With the connectors facing the left side of the Spyder, remove the protective tape from the back of the LED and
mount them to the colored plastic panel.
- e) Remove the three push pins on the panel around the fog lights.
- f) You can then lift that panel enough to route the extension wire up to the area under the maintenance access
- g) Connect the halo eye LED a 2 into 1 “Y” connector or into the 4 into 1 “Y” connector or to the LED controller.
- h) Verify LED lights work.
- i) Tidy up the wires and reassemble Spyder.
If you have any questions please contact Spyder Dan