1. Included in the kit:
- Adhesive Activator (2)
- Adhesive wire tie (2)
- Lever Lock (2)
- Lights (2)
- Switch and Power Cable (1)
- Extension Cable (1)
2. Remove one wheel.
3. Place the correct template on the inside of the fender. The top edge is curved to match the fender curve. Align the top edge where the painted fender and black come together. The front edge aligns with the raised part that mounts to the fender bracket. Use painters tape to hold the template.
4. Mark hole locations.
5. Drill a small pilot hole in the center of each hole. Then use a 15/64″ or 1/4″ bit to enlarge the hole.
- These holes are slightly undersized to ensure a snug fit.
6. Mount one light to the fender. Run the wire from the light through the light mount before mounting the light to the fender.
7. Place a Cap Nut on each screw and tighten.
8. Route the cable along the fender support bracket and secure with zip ties.
9. Repeat steps 2-8 for the other side.
10. Route the light switch from the upper maintenance access panel to the OEM connector on the Fender Glow. You may want to remove the side panel to allow for easier access to route the wire. (It is easier to route the wire instead of switch through the Spyder)
11. The power cable is connected to the Customer Accessory Circuit found on the left side of the battery.
NOTE: You will use one lever lock for the (-) and one lever lock for the (+). Do NOT put (-) and (+) in the same lever lock.
12. You will need to cut the end off and strip approximately 10mm of the wire insulation. The black wire is negative (-) and the purple with yellow strip is positive (+).
- a. Measure the wire
- b. Remove insulation
- c. Lift lever and insert wire
- d. Close lever
- e. Repeat for next wire
13. Connect the Fender light cable and the extension cable to the OEM connectors on the power cable. Route the extension cable through the Spyder to the opposite side and connect it to the OEM connector of the Fender light.
14. The switch will be mounted to the “tank” above the access panel with the adhesive cable tie mounts. We recommend you put the cable tie through the adhesive cable tie mount before mounting it to the Spyder. Before you remove the protective backing make sure the access panel can be removed with the switch at the desired mounting location. Clean the area with alcohol. Let dry and then remove the protective backing tape and mount.
15. Try the lights to make sure they work.
16. Tidy up the wires.
17. Put the wheels back on and torque the lug nuts to the proper specifications.
If you have any questions please contact Spyder Dan